Flood Insurance

Know Your Flood Requirements Before it Rains.

Phil Richard Flood InsuranceFlood insurance is available to homeowners, renters, condo owners/renters and commercial property owners/renters. Your existing homeowners or commercial property insurance policy will not cover you for flood damage. As the field of insurance expands, and local hazard maps are continuously being rewritten, Phil Richard Insurance will be there to help you navigate the various state guidelines and bank requirements. Let us help you find the right insurance policy to protect your home, business and assets.

Key Facts about Flood Insurance

  • Typically there is a 30-day waiting period from the date of purchase before your policy goes into effect. Check with us to find out the exceptions to this rule.
  • Flood insurance must be purchased through an insurance agent, such as Phil Richard Insurance. You may not purchase it directly from the federal government.
  • Homes and businesses with federally regulated or insured mortgages in high-risk flood areas are required to have flood insurance. Flood insurance is not required in moderate-to-low risk flood areas, but it is still available and strongly recommended.

Phil Richard Insurance provides sound advice on the risks you face and the coverage you need, depending on your location and the value of your home or business.